Re-opening of Greens after Covid-19
REOPENING OF GREENS AT MILTON PARK
Using advice and guidance issued by Bowls England and the Government, the greens at Milton Park will be re-opened from Monday, 15th June. A decision to re-open was taken as the committee felt it could do so safely with the following requirements being put in place.
In the first instance greens will be open every morning, including Saturday and Sunday, from 10am – 12.30pm plus Wednesday and Friday evening from 5.30 - 8.00pm. The gate will open for 10am in the morning and close at 12.40pm; for the evening session gate will open for 5.30pm and close at 8.10pm.
Games will be played on alternate rinks therefore there will be 3 rinks available on each green. Only singles and pairs permitted. In order to play a rink must be booked; to book a rink, please contact: Min Wright – landline: 92693980 mobile: 07850110448 or email: email@example.com When booking a rink please give the names of all who will be playing on that rink. Confirmation of rink will be given. Play will be based on a first come first served basis although priority will be given, where possible, to working members in the evenings and at weekends.
Only fully paid up club and association members are permitted to play; there will be no ‘pay as you play’. For the rest of this season the committee has agreed the following:
Play from June - £35
Play from August - £25
Juniors - £5
New bowlers - £10
Your club treasurer / secretary will collect payment due.
The following applies:
- Entry and exit via gate in Priory Crescent only – this gate must be kept closed at all times
- Social distancing rules must be adhered to at all times (2 metres)
- Two mats and a jack only will be available for use and these must be sanitised before and after play
- Mats and jacks will be located outside the green shed, in a trolley, along with the sanitiser spray –only 2 per rink to get equipment
- You are asked to bring your own sanitising hand gel although some will be available at the end of the rinks
- Apart from changing shoes please come to the club dressed to play
- No booking no play
- Spectators are allowed but they must be a club and association member and can only meet with no more than five other people from outside their household - social distancing must be observed
- No visitors / members of the public allowed – should you see such then please ask them to leave
- The pavilion will be closed therefore there will be no access to changing rooms or toilets
- Please feel free to bring your own drinks but all personal rubbish must be taken home
- First Aid equipment and accident book will be found in the trolley outside the green shed – should there be any accident / incident then this must be recorded in the accident book
- Please have some contact details of those whom with you are playing in case of an emergency -to begin with there will not be any contact details kept at the club
- Remember avoid touching anything that doesn’t belong to you – if you do, use the sanitiser
- There will not be a steward on duty but equipment for use will be available at the beginning of a session and it is your responsibility to return it at the end
- Please do not come to the green if you are feeling unwell
- Parents of Junior members are permitted in order to accompany the Junior member
You are asked to read and familiarise yourself, before you play, with the Bowls England Guidance which can be found on the Bowls England web site and the Association web site. Should you be unable to access this then please ask Min for a copy.
The committee will be monitoring the return to play, which will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Enjoy your bowls but please may we rely on you to follow these procedures which have been put into place for your safety and to enable return to play.