Eastney Bowls Club
The club when formed in 1947 was called the “Portsmouth Passenger Transport Bowling Club” and started playing matches at Milton Park.
All the original members were employees of the City of Portsmouth Public Transport Department and used the social club in Gamble Road.
During the forthcoming years non-employees were allowed to join and in the 1980’s even had 6 police officers (To keep the rowdy bowlers in check).
In 1990 when the number of CPPTD members declined to 3 bowlers, it was decided among the membership to change the name of the club and so began Eastney Bowling Club at the start of the 1991 season.
We are a very small mixed membership club who enjoy a social game of bowls and are always on the lookout for new members. If you are interested contact the current Secretary as shown on our Secretaries page or pop down on a Sunday morning to the greens and meet some of the members who usually meet up for a roll-up.
The club play their home games at Milton Park, which they share with Milton Park, Milton Park Ladies and Priory Bowls Clubs.